Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
From the Olive Garden Restaurant recipe site. A very easy recipe!
- 453.59 g fresh green beans, cleaned
- 29.58 ml olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 118.29 ml tomatoes, deseeded and diced
- salt, as needed
- ground black pepper, as needed
- After you have washed the green beans, remove the ends.
- Blanche the green beans in salted boiling water for one minute. Drain and run cold water over them to stop the cooking process.
- In a large nonstick frying pan heat the oil over medium heat.
- Add the garlic and cook for one minute.
- Add the green beans and cook for another minute.
- Add the tomato pieces and cook until the green beans are tender but still green. (Sometimes I'll add 1/4 cup water and cover the pan for a bit if the green beans are having trouble getting tender.).
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve at once.
This reviewer has no interest in whether this dish resembles what is served at the restaurant or not. The recipe was attempted soley for its own value. And it is nice, though it turned out a little oily. I think the problem was that, with the timed cooking, I was trying too hard. I would not usually measure the olive oil. It turned out to be too much, but I would like to make this again, adding my own touch. Thank you very much for posting this interesting recipe.