Recipe by Mysterygirl
This is a copycat recipe.
Top Review by zoegirl21
I only had 1/2 a cup of whipping cream, so I decided I would whip it up and just use it for the mousse instead of saving some for topping it. I don't think I had enough whipping cream for it to whip though- you know, like not enough volume or something. It just wouldn't whip so it was fluffy. It got a little poofy, but not like whipped cream should be. I made the mousse part anyway, but left it on the side. All my friends think I have an gift with cheesecake and they reported to me that this was the best one I have ever made (they decided not to try the raspberry mousse on top). So, even just the plain cheesecake was absolutely brilliant. I used a store bought crust this time, but next time I think I will attempt a homemade chocolate crumb crust.
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons gelatin
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons cold water
- 1⁄2 cup raspberry preserves
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 lb cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 (9 inch) chocolate crumb crusts, prepared
Directions See How It's Made
- FILLING-Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Mix cream cheese, sugar, eggs and vanilla with electric mixer on medium until thoroughly blended, about 3 to 4 minutes.
- Pour into prepared crust.
- Place on baking sheet and bake for 25 minutes.
- Cool to refrigerated temperature.
- MOUSSE-Sprinkle gelatin over cold water, stir and let stand 1 minute.
- Micro on HIGH for 30 seconds or until gelatin is completely dissolved.
- (Or heat on stove with 1 additional T of water.) Combine gelatin with preserves.
- Chill 10 minutes.
- CREAM-Whip cream until soft peaks form.
- Add 2 T sugar and continue whipping until stiff peaks form.
- Measure out 1-1/2 c of whipped cream for mousse and set aside.
- Refrigerate remainder of cream for topping.
- Gently fold raspberry mixture into measured whipped cream.
- Spread raspberry mousse on top of chilled cheesecake, mounding slightly in the center.
- Chill 1 hour before serving.
- To serve, cut cheesecake into 6 servings and top each piece with a dollop of reserved whipped cream.