1 hr 10 mins
This is straight from the Olive Garden's website. I haven't tried it yet, but it sounds wonderful. Posting it here so I don't lose the recipe before I get the chance to try it!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 large firm portabella mushroom caps, stems and gills removed
- 3/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 16 small fresh mozzarella balls or 8 ounces mozzarella cheese, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1/4 cup pimento strips or 1/4 cup sun-dried tomato packed in oil
- 1/4 cup sliced black olives
- 4 tablespoons pesto sauce
- salt and pepper
- fresh basil leaf
- 1Preheat oven to 375°F.
- 2Remove any dirt from mushroom caps with a damp towel and place in a 9X13, tops down.
- 3Pour oil and balsamic vinegar over caps and allow to marinate for 1 hour.
- 4Flip caps over so the tops are up and bake caps in over for 8 - 10 minutes, (if there is any excess moisture, it will drain out of the mushroom when baking instead of pooling inside, causing the mushroom to become soggy).
- 5Cut mozzarella balls in half and place in a bowl. Add pimento or sun-dried tomato, olives, pesto, salt, and pepper, and stir. (For increased mushroom flavor, finely chop and saute the mushroom stems in olive oil and add to filling mixture.).
- 6Fill each cap with the mixture and drizzle with marinade. Bake caps for 8 - 10 minutes more, or until most of the cheese is melted.
- 7Garnish with fresh basil leaves and serve.
Browse Our Top Mushroom Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Mushroom Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Olive Garden Portobello Mushrooms With Mozzarella
Serving Size: 1 (149 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 400.1
- Calories from Fat 375
- Total Fat 41.6 g
- Saturated Fat 5.7 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 73.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 6.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.3 g
- Sugars 4.4 g
- Protein 1.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
fresh mozzarella balls