Olive Garden Portobello Mushrooms With Mozzarella
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Remove any dirt from mushroom caps with a damp towel and place in a 9X13, tops down.
- Pour oil and balsamic vinegar over caps and allow to marinate for 1 hour.
- Flip caps over so the tops are up and bake caps in over for 8 - 10 minutes, (if there is any excess moisture, it will drain out of the mushroom when baking instead of pooling inside, causing the mushroom to become soggy).
- Cut mozzarella balls in half and place in a bowl. Add pimento or sun-dried tomato, olives, pesto, salt, and pepper, and stir. (For increased mushroom flavor, finely chop and saute the mushroom stems in olive oil and add to filling mixture.).
- Fill each cap with the mixture and drizzle with marinade. Bake caps for 8 - 10 minutes more, or until most of the cheese is melted.
- Garnish with fresh basil leaves and serve.