This recipe originally came from the Olive Garden website but I have changed a few of the steps after trial and error in my home chicken. We have a thing for lemony chicken in my house and this is one of the favorites.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped green onion
- 2 minced garlic cloves
- 1⁄2 cup chicken broth
- 1⁄4 cup dry white wine
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley (plus more to garnish)
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon zest
- Pound chicken to 1/4 inch thickness.
- Season chicken with salt and pepper.
- Heat 1 teaspoon of the oil over high heat.
- Lightly coat chicken with flour shaking off excess.
- Cook in skillet until brown and nearly cooked through.
- Remove chicken and reserve on the side.
- Add 1/2 tsp oil to the skillet reducing heat to low.
- Saute green onions and garlic until tender.
- Deglaze the pan with broth and wine (scraping browned bits from pan).
- Add lemon juice and parsley.
- Bring mixture to a boil over high heat (3 min).
- Add lemon peel and salt and pepper to taste.
- Return chicken to skillet and coat with sauce.
- Cover skillet for 5 minutes over medium-low heat turning chicken once.
- Plate the chicken and top with sauce and parsley for garnish.