Recipe by Member #610488
This recipe is from the files of Riserva di Fizzano and the Rocca delle Macie Winery – Olive Garden’s Italian Partners.
Top Review by Cook4_6
This was pretty tasty, but I think I might enjoy it more if I sauteed the eggplant a bit first. The pesto I had was a bit salty, so I might change to a different brand next year.
- 2 (6 inch) prepared pizza crust
- 1 eggplant, peeled and cut into very thin slices
- 8 fresh garlic cloves
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 10 thin slices prosciutto ham
- 2 (16 ounce) packages fresh mozzarella cheese, each cut into 16 slices
- 3 tablespoons pesto sauce
Directions See How It's Made
- Place garlic cloves in a small pan. Add 1 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil and evenly coat each clove. Bake at 350F for 45 minutes. Remove and allow to cool.
- Place fresh mozzarella slices on each pizza crust. Add sliced eggplant and roasted garlic cloves. Bake at 375F oven for 8 to 10 minutes until toppings are hot and cheese has melted.
- Remove from oven and add prosciutto slices. Top with spoonfuls of pesto. Cut each pizza into 6 slices. Serve immediately.