Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
This recipe is from the files of Riserva di Fizzano and the Rocca delle Macie Winery – Olive Garden’s Italian Partners.
- 1 lb penne pasta, cooked
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup yellow onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1⁄2 lb mushroom, sliced
- 6 Italian sausages, casing removed
- 1⁄4 cup white wine
- 2 tablespoons white wine
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 quart heavy cream
- 1⁄4 lb prosciutto ham, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh sage, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped
- 1⁄2 lb parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 teaspoon garlic pepper seasoning (optional)
- salt, to taste
- fresh basil leaf, chopped (garnish)
- fresh sage, chopped (garnish)
- parmesan cheese, grated (garnish)
- Heat pan over medium heat. Add butter and allow to melt. Add oil, onions and garlic. Reduce heat and cook for 5 minutes. Add mushrooms and sausage. Cook until pink is no longer visible in sausage.
- Add white wine and bring to a boil. Whisk in flour and let cook for 1 minute to remove flour taste. Add remaining ingredients. Bring to a boil, lower heat and simmer for 10 minutes, or until sauce reaches desired consistency.
- Add cooked, drained pasta to pan with sauce. Toss well.
- Transfer to large serving platter and garnish with fresh basil, sage and additional parmesan cheese, if desired.