1/4 Photos of Olive Garden Penne Romana ( Copycat )
Inspired by Romana Neri, head chef at Olive Garden Riserva di Fizzano restaurant in Tuscany and the Culinary Institute of Tuscany, this is a simple and delicious pasta dish with fresh green beans, tomatoes and extra-virgin olive oil tossed with penne in a white wine herb sauce. Adapted from Lanier Publishing. There is a large Italian population in New England!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 3/4 cup yellow onion, chopped in 1/4-inch pieces
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- 1 cup white wine
- 2 tablespoons fresh rosemary, chopped
- 2 tablespoons parsley, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 1/2 cups chicken broth (or veg. broth)
- 1Romana Sauce:.
- 2Heat the oil in a small saucepan at medium high heat. Add onions and crushed red pepper. Cook until soft, about 5 minutes, stirring frequently. Add minced garlic and cook for about 1 minute. Whisk in wine, rosemary, parsley and salt.
- 3In a separate bowl, whisk cornstarch and chicken or vegetable broth. Add mixture to sauce and stir well. Bring to a boil and set aside.
- 5Heat saute pan over medium heat. Add green beans and tomato and cook for 1 minute. Add Romana sauce and hot, cooked and drained penne pasta. Add Romano and Parmesan cheeses. Stir well with a spoon, making sure the pasta is well coated.
- 6Serve hot. Enjoy!
Browse Our Top Penne Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Olive Garden Penne Romana ( Copycat )
Serving Size: 1 (423 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 760.2
- Calories from Fat 289
- Total Fat 32.1 g
- Saturated Fat 5.5 g
- Cholesterol 7.4 mg
- Sodium 691.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 97.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 14.2 g
- Sugars 5.0 g
- Protein 14.3 g