Recipe by FoodieFoodie
If you love ricotta and penne, this dish is perfect! I wanted to post in case anyone else wanted to try, plus, you can see the nutritional information. This makes a great somwhat lighter tasting dinner or a great lunch. I would recommend that if you want a little kick add a few dashed of red pepper flakes or a little bit of cayenne pepper. otherwise serve with a great salad and some garlic rolls.
- 4 medium tomatoes
- 8 basil leaves, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 1⁄2 teaspoon marjoram, chopped
- 12 ounces penne rigate, cooked according to package directions
- 1⁄4 cup romano cheese, grated
- 1 large garlic clove, peeled and chopped
- fresh ground black pepper
- fresh parsley, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- CUT a shallow “X” on the bottom of each tomato. Place tomatoes into boiling water and blanch for 15 seconds. Immediately cool in ice water.
- Remove core, skin and seeds from tomatoes and dice. Place in a bowl and add 1/4 cup of olive oil, chopped basil and chopped garlic.
- BLEND ricotta cheese with chopped marjoram; season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Toss tomato mixture in a hot skillet. When mixture is hot, stir in Ricotta cheese blend.
- ADD hot, drained pasta to tomato/cheese mixture. Stir to thoroughly blend. Add salt and pepper to taste. Top with Romano cheese and chopped parsley.