Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
This recipe is from the files of Riserva di Fizzano and the Rocca delle Macie Winery – Olive Garden’s Italian Partners.
- 6 cups spring greens
- basil leaves (garnish)
- grape tomatoes (garnish)
- parmesan cheese, grated (garnish)
- 12 ounces tri-color spiral pasta, cooked according to package directions
- 1 cup green pepper, medium diced
- 1 cup red pepper, medium diced
- 2 Italian plum tomatoes, seeds removed, diced
- 1 tablespoon fresh garlic, chopped
- 3 tablespoons sun-dried tomatoes
- 1⁄2 cup fresh basil, chopped
- 1⁄2 lb genoa salami, julienne cut
- 1⁄2 lb capicola, julienne cut
- 1⁄2 cup roasted red pepper, medium diced
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese
- 1⁄4 cup romano cheese
- 3⁄4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 3⁄4 cup balsamic vinegar
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- Combine all pasta salad ingredients in a large mixing bowl. Mix evenly and chill until ready to serve.
- Place a layer of spring mix lettuce greens on a chilled salad plate. Place a 1-cup portion of pasta salad in center of plate. Decorate plate with grape tomatoes. Garnish with basil leaves on top of salad. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.