Recipe by Member #610488
This recipe is from the files of Riserva di Fizzano and the Rocca delle Macie Winery – Olive Garden’s Italian Partners.
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1⁄2 cup chicken broth
- 12 ounces sliced mushrooms
- 1 1⁄2 cups frozen peas
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1⁄4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 4 ounces ham, julienned (use Black Forest, if possible)
- 1⁄4 cup parsley, chopped
- 8 ounces cooked pasta
- grated parmesan cheese (garnish)
- black pepper, to taste
- fresh parsley, chopped (garnish)
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat extra virgin olive oil and garlic in a sauté pan over medium-low heat. Once garlic starts to sizzle, add mushrooms. Sauté 2-3 minutes. Add heavy cream and chicken broth and bring to a boil. Allow to slightly reduce, for about 10 minutes. Add ham, peas and parsley and cook 4 minutes.
- Return cooked, drained pasta to pot and add sauce. Cook until sauce simmers and coats the pasta.
- Remove pot from heat and stir in grated Parmesan. Toss gently to combine.
- Transfer to large serving platter. Garnish with chopped parsley and serve.