Recipe by ravensmith
This tastes exactly like the pasta e fagioli soup at the Olive Garden. Wonderful! Husband loves it!
Top Review by Zoesmama
Excellent recipe! It tastes just like Olive Garden's version! I used a 26 oz jar of Prego Traditional Sauce and 20 oz of Swanson beef stock. I added some water, too at the end as there was almost no liquid. Be forewarned that my 6qt crockpot was the bare minimum size for this recipe. Don't forget the grated Parm or Romano on top before serving. Update: Because this makes so much, I had to freeze a good bit of it. I may leave out the pasta next time. That way, when I reheat it, I can just add in the cooked pasta and it won't be mushy when I reheat it. Thanks for sharing it!
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 carrots, chopped
- 4 stalks celery, chopped
- 2 (28 ounce) cans diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 (16 ounce) can red kidney beans, drained
- 1 (16 ounce) can white kidney beans, drained
- 3 (10 ounce) cans beef stock
- 3 teaspoons oregano
- 2 teaspoons pepper
- 5 teaspoons parsley
- 1 teaspoon Tabasco sauce (optional)
- 1 (20 ounce) jar spaghetti sauce
- 8 ounces pasta
- Brown beef in a skillet.
- Drain fat from beef and add to crock pot with everything except pasta.
- Cook on low 7-8 hours or high 4-5 hours.
- During last 30 min on high or 1 hour on low, add pasta.