Recipe by Maureen in MA
This recipe comes directly from the Olive Garden website and is simple and delicious! Had it tonight served with a simple Strawberry sauce. Delicious!
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 2 cups whole milk
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract or 1 vanilla bean, cut in half lengthwise
- 1 (1 tablespoon) envelope unflavored gelatin
- 16 ounces fresh raspberries
- 2⁄3 cup powdered sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- PANNA COTTA:.
- COMBINE heavy cream, milk, sugar, salt and vanilla in a glass bowl. Mix well.
- HEAT bowl over double boiler until it registers 180°F on a thermometer. Remove from heat and remove vanilla bean.
- DISSOLVE gelatin in the cream. Mix well.
- PORTION into small glass containers and cover with plastic wrap.
- CHILL in refrigerator until cold, preferably overnight.
- BLEND raspberries on high speed until nice and smooth. Strain to remove all seeds. Add powdered sugar and mix well.
- COVER and refrigerate overnight.
- TO SERVE:.
- LOOSEN panna cotta from sides of small containers.
- INVERT onto small serving plate.
- DRIZZLE with chilled raspberry sauce.
- SERVE immediately.