3 hrs 20 mins
Posted in response to a request. This is a wonderfully hearty soup that is pretty close to Olive Garden's. We used to go there several times a month when I lived close and get the soup and bread sticks. Mmmmmm
My Private Note
qty est ...
Units: US | Metric
- 236.59 ml finely minced celery
- 236.59 ml finely minced onion
- 236.59 ml finely minced carrot
- 59.14 ml butter
- 118.29 ml garbanzo beans
- 118.29 ml kidney bean
- 118.29 ml dried whole peas
- 118.29 ml white pea beans
- 177.44 ml sliced carrot
- 177.44 ml coarsely chopped onion
- 177.44 ml sliced celery
- 177.44 ml chopped bell pepper
- 118.29 ml rice or 118.29 ml barley
- 236.59 ml shell macaroni
- 29.58 ml minced parsley
- 4.92 ml oregano
- 4.92 ml basil
- 9.85 ml soy sauce
- parmesan cheese
- 1Slowly saute finely minced onion, celery and carrot in butter until very brown.
- 2Add peas and beans and about 3 quarts of water.
- 3Cook slowly until beans are almost done (check garbanzos- they will take the longest) about 2 to 2 1/2 hours.
- 4Add the remaining vegetables, rice and spices and more water if necessary and cook another hour.
- 5About 20 minutes before serving time add the macaroni and more water if needed.
- 6Ladle into bowls and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
- 7Serve with crusty garlic bread.
Browse Our Top Elbow Macaroni Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Elbow Macaroni Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Olive Garden Minestrone Soup
Serving Size: 1 (147 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 160.9
- Calories from Fat 46
- Total Fat 5.1 g
- Saturated Fat 3.0 g
- Cholesterol 12.2 mg
- Sodium 224.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 24.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.0 g
- Sugars 3.2 g
- Protein 4.5 g