Recipe by **Sierra**
I received a link to this in response to a recipe request. I haven't had a chance to make it, so I'm posting for safe keeping. Manicotti filled with ricotta, mozzarella and Parmesan cheese, served with sauteed shrimp tossed with Roma tomatoes and scallions in a carbonara sauce with Parmesan and pancetta bacon. Note: Prep and cook times are estimated since the website did not list them and I have not yet made this recipe.
Top Review by pacheco.carlos600
You have to have chef skills to complete this ***** written recipe! It does not tell u what to do with the butter or the tomatoes in the ingredient list. Luckily for me I know how to make Alfredo sauce and was able to conjure this recipe up just using my head. The instructions ****, so I would say this recipe is just to give you an idea of what goes into this dish and u have to figure out how to put it together yourself. Overall tho since I have the skill , it came out AWESOME - however I also did 1/2 the ingredients for the sauce and it was still ALOT of sauce!
- 1⁄4 lb shrimp, peeled and deviened
- Italian dressing, enough to cover shrimp
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 3⁄4 cups ricotta cheese
- 1 1⁄2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1⁄2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 12 manicotti, cooked and rinsed in cold water
- 1 cup butter
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chopped garlic
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 4 cups heavy cream
- 4 cups milk
- 6 roma tomatoes, diced
- 6 slices bacon, cut into small pieces
- 1 bunch scallion
Directions See How It's Made
- Cover the shrimp with Italian dressing, refrigerate at least 30 minutes.
- For the manicotti, combine Ricotta cheese, Mozzarella cheese, Parmesan cheese and egg.
- Spoon cheese mixture into large ziploc bag. Cut a small bit off one of the bag's bottom corners.
- Fill manicotti shells by squeezing the cheese mixture into both sides of each shell.
- For the Carbonara:.
- Melt butter in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add garlic, bacon, and shrimp. Saute for 5 minutes. Remove shrimp.
- Add flour, Parmesan cheese, heavy cream and milk. Use a wire wisk to whip all ingredients together.
- Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and allow to simmer. Add manicotti to pan to heat cheeses.
- Serve with shrimp and scallions.