Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
I received a link to this in response to a recipe request. I haven't had a chance to make it, so I'm posting for safe keeping. Manicotti filled with ricotta, mozzarella and Parmesan cheese, served with sauteed shrimp tossed with Roma tomatoes and scallions in a carbonara sauce with Parmesan and pancetta bacon. Note: Prep and cook times are estimated since the website did not list them and I have not yet made this recipe.
- 1⁄4 lb shrimp, peeled and deviened
- Italian dressing, enough to cover shrimp
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 3⁄4 cups ricotta cheese
- 1 1⁄2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1⁄2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 12 manicotti, cooked and rinsed in cold water
- 1 cup butter
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chopped garlic
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 4 cups heavy cream
- 4 cups milk
- 6 roma tomatoes, diced
- 6 slices bacon, cut into small pieces
- 1 bunch scallion
- Cover the shrimp with Italian dressing, refrigerate at least 30 minutes.
- For the manicotti, combine Ricotta cheese, Mozzarella cheese, Parmesan cheese and egg.
- Spoon cheese mixture into large ziploc bag. Cut a small bit off one of the bag's bottom corners.
- Fill manicotti shells by squeezing the cheese mixture into both sides of each shell.
- For the Carbonara:.
- Melt butter in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add garlic, bacon, and shrimp. Saute for 5 minutes. Remove shrimp.
- Add flour, Parmesan cheese, heavy cream and milk. Use a wire wisk to whip all ingredients together.
- Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and allow to simmer. Add manicotti to pan to heat cheeses.
- Serve with shrimp and scallions.
You have to have chef skills to complete this ***** written recipe! It does not tell u what to do with the butter or the tomatoes in the ingredient list. Luckily for me I know how to make Alfredo sauce and was able to conjure this recipe up just using my head. The instructions ****, so I would say this recipe is just to give you an idea of what goes into this dish and u have to figure out how to put it together yourself. Overall tho since I have the skill , it came out AWESOME - however I also did 1/2 the ingredients for the sauce and it was still ALOT of sauce!
So rich and so good! I got 9 manicotti rolls out of this (the others ripped too much) but it was plenty for DH and I and leftovers for lunch. I also decreased the parmesan cheese to 1/2 cup, the heavy cream to 2 cups and the milk to 1 cup and it was the perfect amount. I loved the flavor of the shrimp and the green onions on top, left out the tomatoes for DH. Made for PAC Fall 2011.
Super yummy! Even better than at the Olive Garden! Only thing is recipe makes WAY too much sauce. I cut the sauce recipe in half and there is still plenty to go with each manicotti.