Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
I love Olive Garden Zuppa Toscana, but I'm on a diet and I am trying to lower my fat and calories. I just wanted to see how my version adds up so I can keep track. It tastes really good, you don't even miss the fat!
- 1 1⁄2 cups sweet turkey sausage
- 8 slices turkey bacon
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes (or to taste)
- 3⁄4 cup onion, diced
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons garlic, minced
- 2 cups kale, chopped
- 1 large russet potato, quartered and sliced
- 2 tablespoons chicken base
- 1 quart water
- 1 (12 ounce) can evaporated skim milk
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Sauté sausage, bacon and red pepper flakes in olive oil until browned, scoop out and set aside.
- Add onion to pan and sauté until softened.
- Add garlic and cook one minute.
- Add water, chicken base, and potato.
- Bring to boil, then simmer 15 minutes.
- Add kale, cook another 5 minutes.
- Stir in sausage, bacon and milk.
- Simmer 5 minutes. Serve.