Prep 30 mins
Cook 20 mins
Great for people who enjoy Olive Gardens soup without the carbs.
Make and share this Olive Garden Low Carb Zuppa Toscana Soup recipe from Food.com.
- 1 1⁄2 cups onions
- 1⁄2 lb bacon (sugar free)
- 1 lb sausage (Jimmy Dean spicy works nice)
- 2 quarts water
- 3 -4 minced garlic cloves
- 2 chicken bouillon cubes
- 4 cups kale
- 3 -4 cups cauliflower (cut up in small pieces)
- 1 1⁄2 cups heavy cream
- Fry bacon in a medium/large size skillet; drain fat, put on plate and let cool.
- In the same skillet cook the sausage and set aside ( I put it on the back burner).
- In a large soup/stew pan put cook onions until tender and clear.
- Add in garlic and cook for a minute.
- Add water and chicken boullion cubes.
- Start to tear the bacon into bite size pieces and add to the pot.
- Add sausage.
- Add cauliflower.
- Cook for 15 minutes (until cauliflower is soft).
- Add heavy cream.
- Add kale (I tear mine into bite size pieces).
- Simmer for 5-10 minutes.
We really enjoyed this even though I left out the cauliflower and used half & half for the heavy cream. I probably used more kale too as I didn't want to waste any and we love it. I used chicken broth instead of the water and bouillon as a personal preference. Very good and one we really enjoyed and will make again. Thanks for sharing. Made for the "Love Train" 2011
Taste exactly like Olive Garden. It is wonderful!
This is an outstanding soup. My whole family loved it. There is one change I made. I omitted the cauliflower. I cooked it both ways and we all liked the soup better without the cauli- flower. ancho3