This recipe is from the files of Riserva di Fizzano and the Rocca delle Macie Winery – Olive Garden’s Italian Partners.
- 1 lb linguine
- 1 cup red bell pepper, diced into 1 inch cubes
- 1 cup yellow bell pepper, diced into 1 inch cubes
- 1 cup Italian plum tomato, seeds and jelly removed, diced into 1 inch cubes
- 4 medium garlic cloves, peeled and minced
- 4 tablespoons fresh basil, minced
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese, freshly grated
- Preheat heavy skillet over medium heat. Add olive oil and sauté garlic until just white. Add all ingredients (except pasta and Parmesan cheese) and sauté, stirring constantly until peppers are crisp tender.
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- Add pasta and Parmesan cheese to sauté pan. Stir to blend well with vegetables. Add salt and fresh ground pepper to taste.
- Transfer to large serving platter. Serve immediately.