Recipe by Member #610488
This recipe is from the files of Riserva di Fizzano and the Rocca delle Macie Winery – Olive Garden’s Italian Partners.
- 8 ounces linguine
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons prosciutto, chopped
- 1 tablespoon garlic, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup wild mushroom, sliced (use portabella, oyster, or the dried mixed exotic)
- 2 tablespoons kalamata olives, pitted and chopped
- 1 tablespoon green olives, pitted and chopped
- 1 tablespoon parsley, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup red wine
- 2 cups tomato sauce with herbs
- 1 tablespoon parmesan cheese, shredded (garnish)
- parsley, chopped (garnish)
Directions See How It's Made
- If using dried mushrooms, soak in water overnight and boil in water for an hour the next day to ensure they will be tender.
- Cook linguine according to package directions. When pasta is done, drain and toss with 3 tbsp olive oil.
- Heat oil in a sauté pan while pasta cooks. Add prosciutto, garlic, and mushrooms. Saute for 2 minutes, until you can smell the garlic. Add olives and 1 Tbsp chopped parsley. Add wine and reduce by 1/2. Add tomato sauce and bring to a boil.
- Add pasta to sauté pan. Toss to thoroughly coat pasta with sauce.
- Transfer to large serving platter. Top with shredded parmesan cheese and fresh chopped parsley. Serve immediately.