Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is a copycat recipe I found on the web.
- 85.04 g fresh basil
- 118.29 ml pine nuts
- 2 small garlic cloves
- 59.14 ml extra virgin olive oil
- 118.29 ml grated parmesan cheese
- 59.14 ml grated romano cheese
- 2.46 ml fresh ground black pepper
- 453.59 g linguine
- 29.58 ml butter, cut small pieces (optional)
- Combine the basil, pine nuts, olive oil and garlic in a food processor until finely chopped.
- Transfer to a bowl and mix in the cheeses and black pepper.
- (This sauce does not call for salt because of the saltiness of the cheeses used.).
- In a large pot, bring 5 quarts of water to a boil. Add about 1 tablespoon of salt.
- Add the pasta and stir frequently until al dente (about one or two minutes less than the cooking time recommended on the package).
- Drain the pasta, reserving 3 ounces of the cooking water.
- Place the pasta, pesto sauce, water, and butter in a large bowl and toss until all ingredients are well mixed.
- Serve immediately.