1 hr 30 mins
A copycat recipe of the lemon cream cake served at the Olive Garden. Haven't tried it yet, but you can be sure I will soon.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 3/4 cups cake flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 6 egg yolks
- 3/4 cup water
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- 6 egg whites
- 1/2 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 1For Cake: Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 2In a large bowl, combine flour, baking powder, salt and 1/2 c sugar.
- 3Add oil, egg yolks, water and lemon rind and beat with electric mixer until smooth.
- 4In a small bowl, beat egg whites and cream of tartar until peaks form.
- 5Gradually add 3/4 c sugar and beat until peaks are very stiff and shiny.
- 6Fold in 1/3 of egg whites to batter, then quickly fold in remaining whites until no streaks remain.
- 7Pour batter into ungreased 10" tube pan.
- 8Bake at 350 degrees for 60 minutes or until tests done.
- 9Invert cake and cool completely in pan.
- 10Remove cake from pan.
- 11For filling: Beat whipping cream to stiff peaks and fold in lemon filling.
- 12Chill until stiff.
- 13Slice cake horizontally into 3 equal layers.
- 14Fill layers with 1/3 cup of filling.
- 15Spread rest of filling on top layer.
- 16Decorate with lemon slices.
Browse Our Top Cake Fillings and Frostings Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Cake Fillings and Frostings Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Olive Garden Lemon Cream Cake
Serving Size: 1 (1333 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 4032.3
- Calories from Fat 2014
- Total Fat 223.8 g
- Saturated Fat 78.0 g
- Cholesterol 1458.8 mg
- Sodium 3887.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 453.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.7 g
- Sugars 252.9 g
- Protein 60.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
lemon flavor instant pudding and pie filling