Recipe by Cook4_6
I am always looking for great soup recipes to prepare in the winter months. This one is from the Olive Garden site, and I want to preserve it to make later.
Top Review by Potluck
We ate this the first day as listed,except for broth,I used beef consomme for a richer flavor..,it was good,but,the next day I added 3/4 cup diced roasted red peppers and 12oz can V-8 juice ,Much better.... everyone asked for this recipe after I modified it to our tastes..Thank you for the recipe though..
- 1 lb sweet Italian sausage, ground
- 1 cup white rice
- 1 cup chopped tomatoes in puree
- 1⁄2 lb frozen chopped spinach
- 6 cups beef broth
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper, ground
- pecorino romano cheese, for garnish
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook ground sausage meat in a soup pot and break the meat up with a fork as it cooks.
- Add in rice, beef broth, tomatoes and black pepper and bring to a simmer.
- Cook 12-15 minutes or until rice is tender.
- Stir in the chopped spinach and let simmer for a few minutes.
- Ladle soup into soup bowls and garnish with freshly grated Peccorino Romano cheese.