Recipe by AmandaMcG
Top Secret Recipe Version, from Todd Wilbur. The rim of the glass on the real thing is dipped in green sugar crystals usually used for cake decorating. It can be skipped if you don't feel like buying it.
Top Review by catlynnchris
I was a bartender at Olive Garden for a couple of years. This recipe also has a splash of orange juice and a splash of lime juice. That's how I was taught to make it. Not sure if every restaurant does that, but the two I worked at in Alabama did!
- 35.43 g jose cuervo gold tequila
- 14.17 g triple sec
- 113.39 g prepared sweet-and-sour mix
- 35.43 g amaretto liqueur
- lime wedge
- orange wedge
- green sugar crystals
Directions See How It's Made
- Moisten the rim of a margarita glass and dip it in green sugar crystals. Or skip this step if you prefer.
- Fill the glass with ice. Add tequila, triple sec, and sweet and sour mix.
- Serve with a shot of amaretto on the side, and garnish with a lime wedge and orange wedge on the rim.
- ( I don't know if you are supposed to add the amaretto to the drink once it is served, but whenever I go to Olive Garden I mix the shot of amaretto with the margarita and I think it tastes great).