Prep 20 mins
Cook 45 mins
This is a copycat recipe of Olive Garden's Italian Apple Torte.
Make and share this Olive Garden Italian Apple Torte recipe from Food.com.
- 3⁄4 cup butter, softened
- 1⁄4 cup golden raisin
- 1⁄2 cup marsala wine
- 4 medium granny smith apples
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3 large eggs
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 3 cups all-purpose flour, sifted
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 cup pine nuts, toasted
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- Soak raisins in Marsala wine; set aside. Peel and finely slice apples and place in large bowl. Add lemon juice and enough water to cover. In separate large bowl, mix one egg and two egg yolks. Add sugar and butter and cream at medium speed until smooth. Add raisins and wine mixture, flour and baking powder and mix thoroughly. Coat 9 inch spring form pan with butter.
- Place dough mixture in pan. Strain apples reserving 2 tbsp of the liquid. Toss apples with 1 Tbsp of sugar and place on top of dough mixture pressing lightly. Top torte evenly with pine nuts and 2 tbsp of reserved liquid. Place torte on center shelf of oven.
- Bake for 45 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Sides and top of torte should be light brown. Remove and let cool.