Recipe by Member #610488
This is a copycat recipe for Olive Garden's Insalata (the salad they serve tableside). Time does not include the 24 hour chill time.
Top Review by whtbxrmom
While my family thought that this was good, DH thought this dressing was the best he's ever had. Guess I'll be making this a lot! Going to have a bottle of that dressing on hand from now on.
- 8 ounces Paul Newman's Vinegar and Oil Dressing
- 1 garlic clove, peeled and minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 (16 ounce) bagprepared mixed salad greens (American Blend Dole Salad)
- 5 slices red onions
- 6 black olives
- 4 banana peppers
- 1⁄2 cup crouton
- 1 small tomatoes, quartered
- freshly grated parmesan cheese (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Put dressing ingredients into a bottle and shake well. Refrigerate 24 hours before using.
- Chill one salad bowl in freezer for at least 30 minutes. Place bag of salad in bowl. Place on top of lettuce the red onion, black olives, banana peppers, tomatoes, and croutons. Add some freshly grated Parmesan cheese if you like, and add plenty of Olive Garden Insalada Dressing on top, shaking before using.