Prep 40 mins
Cook 0 mins
I love gnocchi, and found this on another website. Chef's Tip: Add Cream to sauce to add richness and/or add vegetables of choice to sauce and/or add sautéed chicken strips to sauce.
- 1 lb gnocchi (potato dumplings)
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 6 fresh garlic cloves
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chili flakes
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cans tomatoes
- 1⁄4 cup sweet creamy butter, cut into 1 inch cubes, chilled
- 1⁄2 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh basil (to taste)
- salt, to taste
- freshly crushed black pepper, to taste
- Sauce Preparation:.
- Place the olive oil, garlic and chili flakes in a cold pan. On medium heat, stir and cook the olive oil, garlic, chili flakes until garlic turns slight golden brown.
- To this mixture, add the white wine and chicken broth. Simmer about 10 minutes.
- Reduce the wine and broth by half, add the tomatoes and basil, and continue to simmer for 30 minutes.
- Puree the sauce in blender with the butter and Parmesan cheese. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Pasta Preparation:.
- Prepare pasta when sauce is complete. Use a large pot to boil pasta. Cook the pasta in salted boiling water until they float (approximately 3 minutes or 160 degrees F internal temperature).
- Remove pasta from boiling water and lightly mix with sauce.
- Plating Suggestion:.
- Place sauced pasta on serving plate, top with Parmesan and Basil.
this is a fantastic recipe, I made this with my recipe#338498 and plan on making it again next time with fresh chopped ripe Roma tomatoes, I increased the chili flakes way up, I didn't have fresh basil handy when I made this so I used 1-1/2 teaspoons dried and sauteed with the garlic mixture, thanks for sharing Cooks!
Delicious! Although I had far too much sauce for my pasta, what a shame! Guess I'll freeze it and save for another day :D
Wonderful, a new favorite simple dish!