1/3 Photos of Olive Garden Gnocchi With Spicy Tomato and Wine Sauce
I love gnocchi, and found this on another website. Chef's Tip: Add Cream to sauce to add richness and/or add vegetables of choice to sauce and/or add sautéed chicken strips to sauce.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb gnocchi (potato dumplings)
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 6 fresh garlic cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon chili flakes
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cans tomatoes
- 1/4 cup sweet creamy butter, cut into 1 inch cubes, chilled
- 1/2 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil (to taste)
- salt, to taste
- freshly crushed black pepper, to taste
- 1Sauce Preparation:.
- 2Place the olive oil, garlic and chili flakes in a cold pan. On medium heat, stir and cook the olive oil, garlic, chili flakes until garlic turns slight golden brown.
- 3To this mixture, add the white wine and chicken broth. Simmer about 10 minutes.
- 4Reduce the wine and broth by half, add the tomatoes and basil, and continue to simmer for 30 minutes.
- 5Puree the sauce in blender with the butter and Parmesan cheese. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- 6Pasta Preparation:.
- 7Prepare pasta when sauce is complete. Use a large pot to boil pasta. Cook the pasta in salted boiling water until they float (approximately 3 minutes or 160 degrees F internal temperature).
- 8Remove pasta from boiling water and lightly mix with sauce.
- 9Plating Suggestion:.
- 10Place sauced pasta on serving plate, top with Parmesan and Basil.
Browse Our Top Pasta, Rice and Grains Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pasta, Rice and Grains Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Olive Garden Gnocchi With Spicy Tomato and Wine Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (242 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 285.8
- Calories from Fat 170
- Total Fat 18.9 g
- Saturated Fat 8.1 g
- Cholesterol 32.0 mg
- Sodium 476.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 12.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.7 g
- Sugars 6.3 g
- Protein 8.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: