Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is a copycat recipe of Olive Garden's Gazpacho Italiano. This soup should be served cold 35-45F. The vegetable and pasta solids should not be added to the base until time of serving or they may become soggy. Time does not include chilling time of 4 hours.
- 793.78 g Italian plum tomatoes
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 118.29 ml mixed Italian herbs, chopped very fine
- 118.29 ml olive oil
- 44.37 ml white wine vinegar
- 44.37 ml lemon juice
- 4.92 ml salt
- 59.14 ml red onion, diced
- 709.77 ml chicken broth
- 3.69 ml Tabasco sauce
- 4.92 ml sugar (optional)
- 118.29 ml green bell pepper, chopped fine
- 118.29 ml cucumber, peeled & chopped fine
- 236.59 ml tomatoes, diced
- 118.29 ml ditalini or 118.29 ml tubetti, cooked, rinsed and drained
- 236.59 ml crouton (garnish)
- 118.29 ml parmesan cheese, grated (garnish)
- 29.58 ml fresh parsley, chopped (garnish)
- Using a blender or food processor, blend tomatoes, juice, garlic and herbs. Mix in a non-aluminum bowl with olive oil, vinegar, lemon juice, salt, onion, stock, Tabasco and sugar. Place in refrigerator allowing 4 hours for soup base to chill and marry flavors. Prepare the veggies and chill along with the pasta.
- Soup bowls should be very cold. Stir the base well and ladle 6 oz of soup per bowl. Add a good tbsp of blended veggies and 2 tbsp of pasta to each bowl. Garnish with a few croutons and sprinkle the croutons with parmesan and chopped parsley.