Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is a copycat recipe of Olive Garden's Gazpacho Italiano. This soup should be served cold 35-45F. The vegetable and pasta solids should not be added to the base until time of serving or they may become soggy. Time does not include chilling time of 4 hours.
- 28 ounces Italian plum tomatoes
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1⁄2 cup mixed Italian herbs, chopped very fine
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup red onion, diced
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 3⁄4 teaspoon Tabasco sauce
- 1 teaspoon sugar (optional)
- 1⁄2 cup green bell pepper, chopped fine
- 1⁄2 cup cucumber, peeled & chopped fine
- 1 cup tomatoes, diced
- 1⁄2 cup ditalini or 1⁄2 cup tubetti, cooked, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup crouton (garnish)
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese, grated (garnish)
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped (garnish)
- Using a blender or food processor, blend tomatoes, juice, garlic and herbs. Mix in a non-aluminum bowl with olive oil, vinegar, lemon juice, salt, onion, stock, Tabasco and sugar. Place in refrigerator allowing 4 hours for soup base to chill and marry flavors. Prepare the veggies and chill along with the pasta.
- Soup bowls should be very cold. Stir the base well and ladle 6 oz of soup per bowl. Add a good tbsp of blended veggies and 2 tbsp of pasta to each bowl. Garnish with a few croutons and sprinkle the croutons with parmesan and chopped parsley.