This recipe is posted by request and was found on the net-no name attached.
Make and share this Olive Garden Garlic Alfredo Sauce recipe from Food.com.
- In a medium to large saucepan melt the butter over medium heat.
- Add the cream cheese and whisk to smooth and melted.
- Whisk in the heavy cream.
- Season with the garlic powder, salt and pepper.
- Bring to a good simmer and whisk frequently until sauce thickens, around 25 minutes.
- Remove from heat and stir in cheese.
- Taste and adjust seasoning's.
Next time, I would add more cream cheese, as the sauce was a little too thin. Otherwise, very good and easy to make. Added grilled chicken strips to the pasta, then slathered on this yummy sauce.
This is very good. I cut the recipe in half. I added fresh minced garlic to the butter before I added the cream. I also added a pinch of cayenne pepper, crushed red pepper, chili powder, and italian seasoning since I was making a cajun alfredo. I added 1/2 cup of parmesan, asiago, and mozzerella because parmesan is really expensive where I live. It took about 25 minutes as expected, but it was worth it. The boyfriend said it was the best alfredo he had ever had.
I don't normally care for alfredo sauce - sometimes it's very heavy and bland. This one was very flavorful, though. I used light cream cheese (all I buy), and I actually increased the amount to four ounces. I didn't have a full pint of cream, so I topped off what I had with fat-free half-and-half. Mixed this with some Garlic and Herb frozen shrimp that I buy at BJ's, broccoli, carrots, green beans, and served it over fettuccine. When the fancy strikes me, I also add a tsp. of Chipotle chili powder. I'm impressed, and so were all the people I served it to.