Prep 0 mins
Cook 25 mins
Just like the famous restaraunt's dish.
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 2 tablespoons cream cheese
- 1 pint heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- black pepper
- 2⁄3 cup grated parmesan cheese (preferably fresh)
- 1 lb fettuccine, prepared as directed
- In a medium saucepan, melt butter.
- When butter is melted, add cream cheese.
- When the cream cheese is softened, add heavy cream.
- Season with garlic powder, salt, and pepper.
- Simmer for 15-20 minutes over low heat, stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat and stir in parmesan.
- Serve over hot fettucine noodles.
If you change the t table spoons cream cheese to 8 ounce pack of cream cheese its better the Olive Gardens. Also if you are adding sea food such as Crab meat, shrimp, or Samon I think 2 oz. for clam juice would round out this dish. Its so good I put it on our menu once a week and sell out each time.
I enjoyed this dish very much. My husband used to work for the olive garden, so he knows the alfredo sauce when he tastes it. I used preshreaded parmesan cheeze and put it in just before i took it off the heat and it melted fine. i also used just a touch more cream cheeze so it wouldn't be too thin which worked. personally i thought it had too much of a cream taste. i may next time try a little buttermilk. Good recipe, but it needs a little tweeking if you ask me.
I agree with Barry Barton, I added 8 oz cream cheese and it was outstanding! I changed it up quite a bit though--used 1 cup butter, 4 cloves minced garlic, 1 1/2 cups freshly grated parmesan cheese, and added half & half (fat free) to replace the heavy cream. It is outstanding. I also added some nicely season grilled chicken breast that I cut into bite sized pieces. Great recipe to make to take from and make your own.