Recipe by scubachef
crazy good 5 star it takes only a half an hour to make - stay organic
Top Review by prindlesforhim
This was outstanding! One of the best soups I've ever made. I used little red potatoes instead because they cook faster. I also used all homemade chicken broth instead of adding any water. Try this today!
- 2 cups chicken broth, little more than 2 cups
- 1 quart water
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic or 2 cloves, minced
- 2 -3 russet potatoes, depending on desired consistency
- 2 cups kale
- 1 lb sausage, personally I like half hot and half sweet
- 1 onion
- 8 ounces heavy whipping cream
- 1 1⁄2 ounces bacon bits
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- cut potatoes into slices of 1/4 inch thick, mix them, the water, the broth the chopped onion and garlic in a larger sauce pan and cook until potatoes start to fall apart.
- meanwhile bake the sausage at 350 for 30 minutes.
- when potatoes are done decase the sausage and mix it in, add bacon and let simmer for a couple of minutes, then stir in cream and add in the kale.
- it's alright if the water starts to boil before you add the sausage.