- 2 ounces butter
- 1 diced red onion
- 2 cups dry white wine
- 3 cups canned diced tomatoes
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1 ounce chopped fresh basil
- salt (to taste)
- black pepper (to taste)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a heavy 2 quart sauce pan melt butter and saute red onions until tender, 5 minutes.
- Add white wine and reduce by 3/4.
- Add tomatoes and heavy cream and bring to a simmer and reduce by 1/2.
- Puree soup in a food processor.
- Stir in chopped basil, salt and pepper.
- Garnish with chopped fresh basil and tomatoes.