Recipe by 12345678980123455677889
This is a wonderful Kopy-Kat Recipe from the Olive Garden. It's a great way to use up alot of Zucchini. Enjoy!
- 1⁄3 cup olive oil
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 lb fresh mushrooms, divided
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 3 cups fresh tomatoes, crushed
- 1 (16 ounce) can tomatoes, diced & drained
- 1 1⁄2 cups tomato puree
- 1 cup black olives, sliced & drained
- 2 teaspoons capers, drained
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fennel seed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 4 large zucchini
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- dried basil, to taste
- dried oregano, to taste
- salt, to taste
- black pepper, to taste
- 1 lb rigatoni pasta, cooked
- grated parmesan cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut 1/2 half of the mushrooms into quarters and reserve. Finely mince remaining portion. Heat olive oil in a heavy Dutch oven over medium heat. Add onion and minced mushrooms. Cook 10 minutes or until onions are very soft, stirring frequently. Add garlic and mushroom quarters and cook 5 minutes, stirring constantly. Add remaining ingredients, stir and bring to a simmer.
- Reduce heat and simmer 20 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Sliced Zucchini lengthwise into 1/4" thick slices. Sprinkle sliced zucchini with salt, pepper, basil and oregano.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Place zucchini slices in one layer in the pan. Saute about 3 minutes per side just until tender. Remove to heated platter and cover to keep warm while sauting remaining zucchini.
- Add remaining olive oil as needed.
- Ladle sauce over pasta.
- Top with zucchini slices and serve.
- Pass extra sauce and Parmesan cheese.