This is a wonderful Kopy-Kat Recipe from the Olive Garden. It's a great way to use up alot of Zucchini. Enjoy!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 lb fresh mushrooms, divided
- 1 1/2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 3 cups fresh tomatoes, crushed
- 1 (16 ounce) can tomatoes, diced & drained
- 1 1/2 cups tomato puree
- 1 cup black olives, sliced & drained
- 2 teaspoons capers, drained
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon fennel seed
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2Cut 1/2 half of the mushrooms into quarters and reserve. Finely mince remaining portion. Heat olive oil in a heavy Dutch oven over medium heat. Add onion and minced mushrooms. Cook 10 minutes or until onions are very soft, stirring frequently. Add garlic and mushroom quarters and cook 5 minutes, stirring constantly. Add remaining ingredients, stir and bring to a simmer.
- 3Reduce heat and simmer 20 minutes, stirring frequently.
- 5Sliced Zucchini lengthwise into 1/4" thick slices. Sprinkle sliced zucchini with salt, pepper, basil and oregano.
- 6Heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- 7Place zucchini slices in one layer in the pan. Saute about 3 minutes per side just until tender. Remove to heated platter and cover to keep warm while sauting remaining zucchini.
- 8Add remaining olive oil as needed.
- 9Ladle sauce over pasta.
- 10Top with zucchini slices and serve.
- 11Pass extra sauce and Parmesan cheese.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Olive Garden Con Zucchini Pasta
Serving Size: 1 (997 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 872.8
- Calories from Fat 316
- Total Fat 35.1 g
- Saturated Fat 5.5 g
- Cholesterol 95.7 mg
- Sodium 728.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 120.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 15.1 g
- Sugars 22.4 g
- Protein 28.1 g