Recipe by Cook4_6
I got this from OG's website, and am posting it to try later. It sounds devine!
Top Review by briantenn
Need more stars! The flavor is simply amazing. We cannot get enough of it. The batter makes enough for about 12 servings and you will have MOST of the flour left over so you could probably use less of that. Also, if your family is anything like mine, you will want to make more sauce.
- 6 eggs, whole
- 1⁄4 cup fresh parmesan cheese, grated
- 1⁄4 cup fresh romano cheese, grated
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped or 2 teaspoons dried parsley
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil, chopped or 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 4 (6 ounce) boneless skinless chicken breasts, split
- 2 cups flour, seasoned with
- salt and black pepper
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil (or as needed)
LEMON SAGE SAUCE
- 1⁄4 cup shallot, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon garlic, chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh sage, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons parsley, chopped or 2 teaspoons dried parsley
- 1⁄4 cup lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- 1⁄2 cup white wine
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, cold
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Pre-heat oven to 350ºF.
- To make the PICCATTA BATTER, combine eggs, cheeses, parsley and basil together in a large mixing bowl. Set aside.
- To prepare the CHICKEN, pound chicken breasts until ¼” thick.
- Dredge chicken in the flour mixture and dip it in the Piccata batter; coat evenly on both sides.
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet on medium heat. Place chicken in the skillet and fry until edges are golden brown on each side.
- Transfer chicken from skillet into a baking pan.
- BAKE in a 350ºF oven for 5-6 minutes, until juices run clear.
- To make the SAUCE, drain 3/4 of the oil from skillet and add the shallots, garlic and herbs.
- Saute over medium heat until shallots are transparent.
- Add lemon juice, lemon zest, white wine and reduce liquid by 1/2.
- Add heavy cream and simmer until the sauce has thickened slightly.
- Remove pan from heat and whip in the cold butter.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- To SERVE, pour ¼ cup of sauce on plate and place chicken on top. Serve immediately.