I got this from OG's website, and am posting it to try later. It sounds devine!
Make and share this Olive Garden Chicken With Lemon Sage Sauce recipe from Food.com.
- 6 eggs, whole
- 1⁄4 cup fresh parmesan cheese, grated
- 1⁄4 cup fresh romano cheese, grated
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped or 2 teaspoons dried parsley
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil, chopped or 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 4 (6 ounce) boneless skinless chicken breasts, split
- 2 cups flour, seasoned with
- salt and black pepper
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil (or as needed)
LEMON SAGE SAUCE
- 1⁄4 cup shallot, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon garlic, chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh sage, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons parsley, chopped or 2 teaspoons dried parsley
- 1⁄4 cup lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- 1⁄2 cup white wine
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, cold
- salt and pepper
- Pre-heat oven to 350ºF.
- To make the PICCATTA BATTER, combine eggs, cheeses, parsley and basil together in a large mixing bowl. Set aside.
- To prepare the CHICKEN, pound chicken breasts until ¼” thick.
- Dredge chicken in the flour mixture and dip it in the Piccata batter; coat evenly on both sides.
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet on medium heat. Place chicken in the skillet and fry until edges are golden brown on each side.
- Transfer chicken from skillet into a baking pan.
- BAKE in a 350ºF oven for 5-6 minutes, until juices run clear.
- To make the SAUCE, drain 3/4 of the oil from skillet and add the shallots, garlic and herbs.
- Saute over medium heat until shallots are transparent.
- Add lemon juice, lemon zest, white wine and reduce liquid by 1/2.
- Add heavy cream and simmer until the sauce has thickened slightly.
- Remove pan from heat and whip in the cold butter.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- To SERVE, pour ¼ cup of sauce on plate and place chicken on top. Serve immediately.