Olive Garden Chicken Speidies
- To make the chicken marinade - Add all ingredients except the chicken to a non-aluminum mixing bowl and mix thoroughly until the sugar and salt are completely dissolved. Pound the chicken breasts between sheets of waxed paper until an even thickness of 3/16" overall. Cut the chicken into 1" squares and add to the marinade, covering completely. Allow to marinade for 2 hours, refrigerated. Remove from marinade after 2 hours and drain.
- To make appetizer sauce - Mix all ingredients together just until blended. Chill 1-2 hours to blend flavors. Serve cold.
- Assembly of speidies - Wash the bell peppers and cut into specified sizes to ensure proper cooking. Cut the onions into specified sizes and separate them into individual layers. Assembe speidies in the following order: red bell pepper, onion, chicken (fold into a C shape on the skewer), green bell pepper, onion, chicken (C shape) alternately, finishing with a red pepper strip after the 4th piece of chicken on each skewer. Spread the skewered items out on each skewer, so they will cook quickly.
- Grilling the speidies - Place the speidies on the grill or griddle and cook approxiamtely 1 minute per side, turning 4 times to cook each side. Adjust the cooking time according to your equipments heat output.
- Serve immediately with dipping sauce about 1/4 c per serving.
- 1 serving is 4 skewers.