Prep1 hr 52 mins
This is just as good as the Olive Garden. On a difficluty scale from 1-5 this is a 3 to make. We just love it! Please note: this is an adopted recipe and I hope to make it soonest. If you make it before I do than I would appreciate your feedback. Thanks ! ZWT REGION: Italy.
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 3⁄4 cup milk, hot
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons garlic, crushed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 tablespoon dried cilantro (optional)
- 2 teaspoons italian seasoning
- black pepper
- 3⁄4 cup white wine
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1⁄2 lb angel hair pasta, cooked and drained
- 2 bell peppers, thinly sliced
- 1 red onion, thinly sliced
- 10 garlic cloves, roasted
- 2 chicken breasts, sliced
- olive oil
- For white sauce: Heat 1 tablespoons butter in sauce pan, add 2 tablespoons flour and cook for 2 minutes on med. heat. heat stirring constantly. slowly add 3/4 cup hot milk (hot so it won't get lumpy). Set aside. (Make sure that the white sauce is hot when adding to the scampi sauce).
- For scampi sauce: Heat butter over low heat. add the garlic, Italian seasoning, crushed red pepper and black pepper. cook for about 2 minutes on low heat. add the wine and chicken broth. stir until combined. (I usually cook mine for about 30-40 minutes). add 1/4 cup white sauce and cook till slightly thickened.
- In a large skillet, saute chicken in a little olive till nearly done. add the peppers and onions, saute till chicken is done. add the sauce. saute until everything is warmed. add roasted garlic cloves. serve over pasta.
- ROASTED GARLIC: Separate head of garlic into individual cloves still in 'paper'. toss in olive oil and wrap tightly in aluminum foil or a small pint sized dish with a lid. bake in 350* oven for 45 minutes. when the garlic has cooled to the touch you should be able to squeeze it out of the 'paper' shell of the individual cloves.