1/16 Photos of Olive Garden Chicken Scampi Yummy! - Copycat
3 hrs 52 mins
1 hr 52 mins
This is just as good as the Olive Garden. On a difficluty scale from 1-5 this is a 3 to make. We just love it! Please note: this is an adopted recipe and I hope to make it soonest. If you make it before I do than I would appreciate your feedback. Thanks ! ZWT REGION: Italy.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons garlic, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 tablespoon dried cilantro (optional)
- 2 teaspoons italian seasoning
- black pepper
- 3/4 cup white wine
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1For white sauce: Heat 1 tablespoons butter in sauce pan, add 2 tablespoons flour and cook for 2 minutes on med. heat. heat stirring constantly. slowly add 3/4 cup hot milk (hot so it won't get lumpy). Set aside. (Make sure that the white sauce is hot when adding to the scampi sauce).
- 2For scampi sauce: Heat butter over low heat. add the garlic, Italian seasoning, crushed red pepper and black pepper. cook for about 2 minutes on low heat. add the wine and chicken broth. stir until combined. (I usually cook mine for about 30-40 minutes). add 1/4 cup white sauce and cook till slightly thickened.
- 3In a large skillet, saute chicken in a little olive till nearly done. add the peppers and onions, saute till chicken is done. add the sauce. saute until everything is warmed. add roasted garlic cloves. serve over pasta.
- 4ROASTED GARLIC: Separate head of garlic into individual cloves still in 'paper'. toss in olive oil and wrap tightly in aluminum foil or a small pint sized dish with a lid. bake in 350* oven for 45 minutes. when the garlic has cooled to the touch you should be able to squeeze it out of the 'paper' shell of the individual cloves.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Olive Garden Chicken Scampi Yummy! - Copycat
Serving Size: 1 (398 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1133.8
- Calories from Fat 384
- Total Fat 42.6 g
- Saturated Fat 21.1 g
- Cholesterol 166.6 mg
- Sodium 733.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 116.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.3 g
- Sugars 9.7 g
- Protein 54.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: