Recipe by Member #610488
This is a copycat of Olive Garden's Chicken Marsala.
Top Review by Aileen P.
I love making this dish! Easy recipe to remember too. Although I have made this several times in the past with other recipe sites, I found this one the best. Tonight I made this for dinner and it was awesome! Added a flour slurry made with more wine and water, towards the end for a thicker type sauce. Served with garlic mashed potatoes.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- salt & freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
- 2 cups fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1 cup marsala wine
Directions See How It's Made
- Using sheets of plastic wrap, pound the chicken breasts until about 1/4" thickness.
- In a mixing bowl, combine flour, salt, pepper and oregano. Dredge chicken pieces in the flour, shaking off any excess.
- In a skillet, combine olive oil and butter over medium heat until butter is incorporated into the oil. Cook chicken breasts on medium heat for about 2 minutes on the first side, until lightly browned.
- Turn breasts over to cook other side. Move breasts to outer edge of skillet, leaving center open, then add mushrooms to skillet stirring while they cook.
- Cook breasts about 2 more minutes, until both sides are lightly browned. Continue to stir mushrooms. Add Marsala wine around chicken pieces.
- Cover and simmer for about 15 minutes. Remove chicken breasts to individual plates, Garnish with the mushrooms equally and ladle sauce over each breast in whatever amount you wish.