Recipe by Stephanie Z.
Copycat... For veggies, Olive Garden uses whatever is in season such as diced red peppers, carrots, summer squash, zucchini, broccoli, spinach, peas, diced tomatoes, and asparagus.
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic, crushed
- 1 tablespoon thyme
- 1 1⁄2 cups chablis
- crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 cup water
- 2 tablespoons white sauce mix
- 1⁄2 cup cream
- salt and pepper
- 16 ounces chicken tenderloins, each cut into thirds (about 4)
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 red pepper, chopped
- 1 carrot, chopped
- 1 yellow squash, chopped
- 1 zucchini, chopped
- 1 head broccoli, pulled apart into smaller pieces
- 6 ounces Baby Spinach
- 1⁄2 cup peas
- 16 ounces canned diced tomatoes
- 1⁄2 cup asparagus, heads
- 1 lb farfalle pasta
Directions See How It's Made
- Giardino sauce:
- Heat butter in pan and add garlic (low heat), add thyme, Chablis, crushed pepper, and lemon juice. Cook for a few minutes over medium heat.
- **Make sure that you cook long enough to reduce the acidity of the lemon juice, or when you add the cream, it will curdle.
- Add water. Mix white sauce mix with some cream so it's not lumpy and add to pan.
- Add the cream and stir until slightly thickened. Set aside.
- Saute the chicken pieces over medium heat. Set aside.
- In a large pot of salted water, cook pasta according to directions, until almost done.
- Meanwhile, saute veggies, starting with the denser veggies first (carrots, asparagus, peppers) and add the rest of the veggies and cook until done but not soggy.
- Add cooked farfalle pasta to pan and add sauce and chicken. Cook until heated through and thickened.