Prep 34 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is a nice change on your normal pizza
- 4 ounces boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons diced onions
- 1 cup tomatoes, diced and drained
- 1 teaspoon chopped garlic
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1⁄2 cup fontinella cheese, shredded
- 1⁄2 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1⁄2 cup mushroom, sliced
- 1 tablespoon parmesan cheese, shredded
- 1 (12 inch) pre baked prepared pizza crust
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Sauté or bake chicken breast.
- Cut into 1/4-inch wide strips.
- Spray or grease a 12-inch pizza pan.
- Sauté onions and garlic briefly in the olive oil and add them to the tomatoes, salt and basil.
- Spread the tomato mixture over the top of the crust.
- Lay the chicken strips down over the tomatoes.
- Top with Fontinella and mozzarella cheeses. Add the sliced mushrooms and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
- Bake at 450 degrees for 8 minutes or until cheese is melted and the crust is piping hot.
I, too, left out the chicken and we had a yummy meal. Very quick to do also which for me is a big plus. I put this topping on turkish bread which worked beautifully.
This had wonderful flavor, and I rolled mine into a stromboli using all the ingredients listed. It would have been perfect with a nice Alfredo on the side for dipping. Very tasty way to use up the 8 pound wheel of fontinella I bought in a moment of weakness...
I didn't add chicken to this pizza, but it was still very good. The fontinella cheese is an especially nice addition.