1/2 Photos of Olive Garden Chicken Caprese
I guessed at the cooking time listed as I have not made this yet.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 8 -10 plum tomatoes, Roma (2 pounds)
- 30 medium fresh basil leaves
- 2 teaspoons black pepper
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breasts or 6 chicken breast fillets
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 3 tablespoons garlic, minced, divided
- 1 1/2 cups heavy cream
- 3 1/2 teaspoons italian seasoning, divided
- 1 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt, plus
- 1 tablespoon salt, divided
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1 1/2 cups flour, plus
- 1 tablespoon flour, divided
- 1 lb dry capellini (angel hair)
- 1Tomatoes and Basil Preparation:.
- 2Core and cut Roma (plum) tomatoes into 1-inch pieces. Chef's Note: To preserve juices and seeds, use a paring knife to remove just the top of the core on each tomato.
- 3Cut basil leaves into 1-inch pieces (no stems).
- 4Combine Roma tomatoes, basil, 2 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil, 2 tablespoons of minced garlic, 1½ teaspoons of Italian seasoning and 1½ teaspoons of salt in a large bowl and blend thoroughly.
- 5Cover, set aside and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- 6Chicken Preparation:.
- 7Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- 8Coat a large, non-stick skillet with vegetable oil and heat over medium-high heat.
- 9Combine 1½ cups of flour, 1 tablespoon of salt, black pepper and 2 teaspoons of Italian seasoning in a shallow dish.
- 10Dredge chicken in the mixture, shaking off any excess.
- 11Place chicken in skillet and sauté for about two minutes on each side, or until just golden brown. If skillet is not large enough, sauté the chicken in batches.
- 12When finished, transfer chicken to a large baking dish and place in oven to cook for approximately 10 minutes or until chicken is cooked through and the internal temperature reaches 165 degrees Fahrenheit.
- 13Pasta Preparation:.
- 14Cook pasta according to package directions.
- 15Drain and set aside until needed.
- 16Sauce Preparation:.
- 17While pasta is cooking, heat 2 tablespoons of extra-virgin olive oil in a medium sauce pan over medium heat.
- 18Add 1 tablespoon of minced garlic and sauté for approximately 1 minute. Do not brown.
- 19Slowly add 1 tablespoon of flour and stir to combine.
- 20Add white wine and bring to a boil. Boil for approximately 1 minute.
- 21Remove marinated tomato and basil mixture from refrigerator. Drain tomatoes and basil from liquid and set aside until needed. Add ½ cup of the marinade liquid and sauté for approximately 1 minute.
- 22Add heavy cream. Lower heat and bring to a simmer.
- 23Add grated Parmesan cheese.
- 24Assembling Chicken Caprese:.
- 25Preheat broiler.
- 26Remove chicken from baking dish and set aside until needed.
- 27Transfer pasta to baking dish and partly coat with sauce.
- 28Pour desired amount of the remaining sauce on pasta and evenly distribute tomatoes and basil over pasta.
- 29Place chicken on top of pasta.
- 30Sprinkle shredded mozzarella cheese evenly over chicken.
- 31Place baking dish under broiler for approximately 2-3 minutes or until mozzarella cheese has melted.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Olive Garden Chicken Caprese
Serving Size: 1 (499 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1359.9
- Calories from Fat 752
- Total Fat 83.6 g
- Saturated Fat 28.1 g
- Cholesterol 194.1 mg
- Sodium 2343.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 90.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.6 g
- Sugars 4.4 g
- Protein 57.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: