Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
I guessed at the cooking time listed as I have not made this yet.
Make and share this Olive Garden Chicken Caprese recipe from Food.com.
- 8 -10 plum tomatoes, Roma (2 pounds)
- 30 medium fresh basil leaves
- 2 teaspoons black pepper
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breasts or 6 chicken breast fillets
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 1⁄2 cup white wine
- 3 tablespoons garlic, minced, divided
- 1 1⁄2 cups heavy cream
- 3 1⁄2 teaspoons italian seasoning, divided
- 1 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt, plus
- 1 tablespoon salt, divided
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour, plus
- 1 tablespoon flour, divided
- 1 lb dry capellini (angel hair)
- Tomatoes and Basil Preparation:.
- Core and cut Roma (plum) tomatoes into 1-inch pieces. Chef's Note: To preserve juices and seeds, use a paring knife to remove just the top of the core on each tomato.
- Cut basil leaves into 1-inch pieces (no stems).
- Combine Roma tomatoes, basil, 2 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil, 2 tablespoons of minced garlic, 1½ teaspoons of Italian seasoning and 1½ teaspoons of salt in a large bowl and blend thoroughly.
- Cover, set aside and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- Chicken Preparation:.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Coat a large, non-stick skillet with vegetable oil and heat over medium-high heat.
- Combine 1½ cups of flour, 1 tablespoon of salt, black pepper and 2 teaspoons of Italian seasoning in a shallow dish.
- Dredge chicken in the mixture, shaking off any excess.
- Place chicken in skillet and sauté for about two minutes on each side, or until just golden brown. If skillet is not large enough, sauté the chicken in batches.
- When finished, transfer chicken to a large baking dish and place in oven to cook for approximately 10 minutes or until chicken is cooked through and the internal temperature reaches 165 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Pasta Preparation:.
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- Drain and set aside until needed.
- Sauce Preparation:.
- While pasta is cooking, heat 2 tablespoons of extra-virgin olive oil in a medium sauce pan over medium heat.
- Add 1 tablespoon of minced garlic and sauté for approximately 1 minute. Do not brown.
- Slowly add 1 tablespoon of flour and stir to combine.
- Add white wine and bring to a boil. Boil for approximately 1 minute.
- Remove marinated tomato and basil mixture from refrigerator. Drain tomatoes and basil from liquid and set aside until needed. Add ½ cup of the marinade liquid and sauté for approximately 1 minute.
- Add heavy cream. Lower heat and bring to a simmer.
- Add grated Parmesan cheese.
- Assembling Chicken Caprese:.
- Preheat broiler.
- Remove chicken from baking dish and set aside until needed.
- Transfer pasta to baking dish and partly coat with sauce.
- Pour desired amount of the remaining sauce on pasta and evenly distribute tomatoes and basil over pasta.
- Place chicken on top of pasta.
- Sprinkle shredded mozzarella cheese evenly over chicken.
- Place baking dish under broiler for approximately 2-3 minutes or until mozzarella cheese has melted.
This dish was wonderful! I agree with others about doubling the sauce and I made it with shrimp instead of chicken and it was a wonderful dinner for the wife and I. Will make again for sure!
Changes: added broccoli, red peppers, onions, mushrooms, shrimp. Used cubed rotisserie chicken instead of breasts. Added a bit more white wine and 1/2 cup more half and half (instead of heavy cream). Tossed everything together and baked for 1hr @ 300 degrees. Will add diced japapeno peppers next time to make it spicier.
My wife and I like to try new things and this dish was lovely. The sauce complaint is I would think to taste as my wife and I are