Prep 30 mins
Cook 35 mins
I have not tried this yet, but it sounds pretty easy and yummy! Can never go wrong with Olive Garden!
- 4 (10 ounce) chicken breasts, with skin
- 1⁄4 cup sun-dried tomato
- 2 tablespoons pine nuts
- 1 cup frozen chopped spinach
- 1⁄2 cup Fontina cheese, Shredded
- 2 cups breadcrumbs
- 1 tablespoon butter, Melted
- 1 tablespoon Italian parsley, Chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Mix stuffing ingredients together in a bowl.
- Place chicken breast on a cutting board remove the tenderloins and cover with plastic wrap.
- With a mallet or the palm of your hand slightly flatten the breast out.
- Form the stuffing into a ball and place in center of the chicken.
- Wrap the breast around the stuffing starting with one side roll the breast tucking the opposite side underneath.
- Season the top of the chicken (skin side) with salt and pepper.
- Roast in a 400 degrees oven for 30-40 minutes or until chicken reaches 165 degrees internal temperature.
I followed this recipe and my family loved the end result!! A few changes I would make for next time: 2 cups of breadcrumbs is way too much, 1 cup would be fine. Instead of 1/2 cup of Fontina cheese I would use 1 cup of 6 cheese italian blend. I rolled the chicken breasts and put them in a baking dish then sprinkled some more of the "stuffing" mixture over the top. Then I baked the chicken for about 10 mins. and thought it looked a little dry so I drizzled a little olive oil on the top of the chicken. This dish was wonderful but a little dry...a cream sauce of some kind over the top when serving would have been nice. Perhaps a white sauce or something with a little kick to it. Overall my family LOVED it and I would def. make again - with the above changes. Enjoy!