1/1 Photo of Olive Garden Chicken and Shrimp Carbonara
E. Nigma's Note:
This is an Olive Garden copycat recipe. This is also a redo of a previous posting. I reworked the ingredients and amounts to be a little more manageable (the original had way too much cream and milk for the sauce and was designed for too many people).
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup hot water
- 1/2 tablespoon italian seasoning
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 1 lb chicken tenders
- 1/2 lb large shrimp, peeled, deveined
- 4 slices bacon, diced
- 1 red bell pepper, roasted, cut into small strips
- 1/4 cup butter, plus
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese, plus
- 1 tablespoon parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 2 tablespoons panko breadcrumbs
- 1 tablespoon parsley, chopped
- salt and black pepper, to taste
- 1 (14 ounce) box linguine
- 1Preheat oven to 350ºF.
- 2Whisk olive oil together with hot water, italian seasoning, and chopped garlic. Add the chicken strips and shrimp. Cover and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
- 3Combine 1 tablespoon Parmesan, mozzarella, panko, 1 tablespoon melted butter, and chopped parsley in a mixing bowl. Stir until well blended. Set aside.
- 4Cook the pasta in salted boiling water according to package directions.
- 5Melt 1/4 cup butter in saucepan over medium heat. Add garlic and saute for 5 minutes, stirring frequently. Add flour and stir thoroughly with a whisk to prevent clumping. Add 1/2 cup Parmesan, heavy cream, milk, and bacon. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and allow to simmer. Taste and correct seasoning with salt and pepper.
- 6Preheat large skillet. Saute bacon on medium heat until crispy and drain on paper towels. Pour off excess bacon fat. Add chicken to pan and saute for about 8 minutes until chicken is no longer pink. Add red peppers, bacon, and shrimp. Cook the shrimp about a minute or two on each side, until they curl and just turn pink.
- 7Add sauce and stir everything together.
- 8Plate pasta. Top with chicken, shrimp, and sauce mixture. Evenly distribute topping over top. Place in oven for a few minutes until topping is melted.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Olive Garden Chicken and Shrimp Carbonara
Serving Size: 1 (544 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 2669.2
- Calories from Fat 1469
- Total Fat 163.3 g
- Saturated Fat 68.8 g
- Cholesterol 602.1 mg
- Sodium 2063.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 179.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.4 g
- Sugars 9.0 g
- Protein 118.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: