Recipe by JustaQT
Small mini cheese ravioli served tossed with fresh roasted red peppers, zucchini moons, sliced black olives and parsley. Created by Todd Wilbur http://www.topsecretrecipes.com/
Top Review by Marie
Cooked this for the "Pick Your Chef" contest and am I glad I chose this recipe! This is my kind of dish; love ravioli and fresh vegetables! I did use 3 cloves of garlic (never can have too much) and otherwise made the recipe as written. This is a winner, Kerry.
- 1 lb mini round cheese ravioli
- 1⁄4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 clove fresh garlic, chopped
- 2 (7 ounce) jars roasted red peppers, sliced in strips
- 1 cup fresh zucchini, slice moons
- 1⁄2 cup black olives, sliced
- 1 cup chicken broth
- grated parmesan cheese
- garnish with chopped fresh parsley
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- SAUCE PREPARATION: Heat olive oil over medium heat in saucepan.
- Add roasted red pepper strips, zucchini moons and black olives.
- Cook while stirring for 2 minutes or until the zucchini is cooked to desired texture, then add chicken broth.
- Simmer sauce for 2 minutes.
- Season with salt and cracked black pepper to taste.
- PASTA PREPARATION: Prepare pasta when sauce is complete.
- Use a large pot to boil pasta.
- Cook the pasta in salted boiling water until they float (approximately 3 minutes or 160 degrees F internal temperature).
- Remove pasta from boiling water and lightly mix with sauce.
- PLATING SUGGESTION: Place sauced pasta on serving plate then top with grated Parmesan and Parsley.
- CHEF'S TIP: Toss the pasta in a small amount of olive oil after cooking to prevent sticking.