Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 25 mins
Cook 25 mins
Small mini cheese ravioli served tossed with fresh roasted red peppers, zucchini moons, sliced black olives and parsley. Created by Todd Wilbur http://www.topsecretrecipes.com/
- 1 lb mini round cheese ravioli
- 1⁄4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 clove fresh garlic, chopped
- 2 (7 ounce) jars roasted red peppers, sliced in strips
- 1 cup fresh zucchini, slice moons
- 1⁄2 cup black olives, sliced
- 1 cup chicken broth
- grated parmesan cheese
- garnish with chopped fresh parsley
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- SAUCE PREPARATION: Heat olive oil over medium heat in saucepan.
- Add roasted red pepper strips, zucchini moons and black olives.
- Cook while stirring for 2 minutes or until the zucchini is cooked to desired texture, then add chicken broth.
- Simmer sauce for 2 minutes.
- Season with salt and cracked black pepper to taste.
- PASTA PREPARATION: Prepare pasta when sauce is complete.
- Use a large pot to boil pasta.
- Cook the pasta in salted boiling water until they float (approximately 3 minutes or 160 degrees F internal temperature).
- Remove pasta from boiling water and lightly mix with sauce.
- PLATING SUGGESTION: Place sauced pasta on serving plate then top with grated Parmesan and Parsley.
- CHEF'S TIP: Toss the pasta in a small amount of olive oil after cooking to prevent sticking.
Cooked this for the "Pick Your Chef" contest and am I glad I chose this recipe! This is my kind of dish; love ravioli and fresh vegetables! I did use 3 cloves of garlic (never can have too much) and otherwise made the recipe as written. This is a winner, Kerry.