Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
Got this from a copycat website it is the closest thing I have found so far. Very tasty. The rising time is included in cooking time.
- In your stand mixer or bread machine mix 4 cups flour, 1 1/3 cup water, 4 tsp butter, 2 tbsp sugar, 2 tsp salt, 2 tsp yeast.
- Divide it into 16 peices.
- Cover and let rise until doubled about 45 minutes.
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees.
- Melt remaining 2 tsp butter in a bowl and thinly brush the breadsticks once.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until golden brown.
- Brush with butter again and top with garlic powder to your liking.
This was a hit tonight! I went ahead and heated the water to around 115 degrees and added the yeast to it because I wasn't sure if the bread would rise without heating the water. These are terrific. Thank you for posting this Celestial Star!
These are amazingly delicious. I had no problem with the consistency of the dough and got 16 beautiful, delicious bread sticks. Will make again and again!
This recipe tasted great and reheats well. When making the dough, I found it very watery, so add the water bit by bit and stop when it seems the right consistency. I ended up adding a lot more flour and still couldn't roll it into breadstick shape so they came out as rolls! The taste and texture were lovely though- thanks very much! This goes very well with Alfredo sauce recipe 222438!