- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 medium yellow onion, sliced thin
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 pinch black pepper
- 1⁄2 cup dry white wine
- 1⁄2 cup marsala wine
- 1⁄2 cup beef broth
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 6 beef tenderloin steaks (6 oz each)
- 1 dash parsley, finely chopped
- 6 fresh rosemary sprigs
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oil and butter in large saute pan over medium heat.
- Add sliced onions, salt and pepper; cook 10 minutes or until caramelized (softened and golden browned), stirring frequently.
- Add wines, broth, vinegar and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer for 10-15 minutes or until sauce is reduced by half.
- Lightly rub filets with oil; season with salt and pepper.
- Grill to preferred temperature.
- Place onions and sauce on a platter and top with steaks.
- Garnish with parsley and rosemary.