Prep 0 mins
Cook 45 mins
This is another reciepe I tried from Olive Garden.
Make and share this Olive Garden Beef Filets in Balsamic Sauce recipe from Food.com.
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 medium yellow onion, sliced thin
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 pinch black pepper
- 1⁄2 cup dry white wine
- 1⁄2 cup marsala wine
- 1⁄2 cup beef broth
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 6 beef tenderloin steaks (6 oz each)
- 1 dash parsley, finely chopped
- 6 fresh rosemary sprigs
- Heat oil and butter in large saute pan over medium heat.
- Add sliced onions, salt and pepper; cook 10 minutes or until caramelized (softened and golden browned), stirring frequently.
- Add wines, broth, vinegar and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer for 10-15 minutes or until sauce is reduced by half.
- Lightly rub filets with oil; season with salt and pepper.
- Grill to preferred temperature.
- Place onions and sauce on a platter and top with steaks.
- Garnish with parsley and rosemary.
Very good balsamic onion sauce for any meat, I think.
The sause was very yummy, I used a cheaper piece of meat but it was still very flavorful
I prepared this for dinner guests tonight and it gave rave reviews. The only substitution I made was to use top sirloin filet. My guests mentioned that they would have gladly paid restaurant prices to eat the meal which included this, "Maggiano's Little Italy Chop Salad", "Creamy Oven-Baked Risotto", and "Buddha's Chocolate Mousse Shortcakes" It was a perfect combination of flavors, starting with this one. Thanks for posting!