4 hrs 20 mins
Member #610488's Note:
This is a two part recipe - first is the meat, which needs to be made ahead of time, and then the lasagna, which needs to be made right before you wish to serve it.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (5 lb) flat beef brisket
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 cup beef broth
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 6 cups beef broth (may need more)
- 12 ounces lasagna noodles
- 1 1/2 cups heavy cream
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 cup asiago cheese, grated
- 1/2 cup Fontina cheese, grated
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1/2 cup spinach, chopped
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- parmesan cheese, to taste
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Using a dutch oven, saute sliced onions in 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil. Add about 1/2 teaspoon salt to the onions. Saute onions until they are translucent. Remove onions from pan.
- 2Sprinkle both sides of the brisket with salt and pepper. Place brisket into pan and brown on both sides. Once brisket is browned on both sides, remove brisket from pan.
- 3Pour in the beef broth and scrape brown bits from the bottom of the pan. Add two tablespoons of tomato paste and whisk together well. Place onions and the brisket back into the pan, adding enough broth to the pan to cover the brisket half way.
- 4Bake brisket for approximately 3 1/2 hours. The brisket is done when a fork slides into the meat easily. If the meat is still tough after the initial baking, bake for an additional 30 minutes. Once the brisket is removed from the oven, let rest for approximately 20 minutes before slicing. You can also chill, wrapped well in plastic wrap, until needed.
- 5Prepare lasagna noodles as directed on the package. To use the noodles for the baked pasta dish, once the noodles are done, they need to be cut in half vertically, and horizontally.
- 6Combine heavy cream and butter in a sauce pan over medium to medium high heat. Once the butter and cream just begin to simmer, whisk in all of the cheeses. The sauce will thicken. Once the cheeses have melted, remove pan from heat.
- 7Place noodles into a 2 quart casserole dish. Arrange the noodles by folding them over so they make nice curls. Pour 3/4 of the sauce over the noodles. Toss spinach with olive olive, and then layer the spinach around the sides of the casserole dish.
- 8Place 8 ounces of beef over the noodles. Top with remaining sauce and place back into the oven for 15 minutes, until the sauce starts to brown on the top of the pasta. If it hasn't started browning yet, stick under broiler for a minute or two.
Nutritional Facts for Olive Garden Baked Pasta Romana
Serving Size: 1 (629 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1269.8
- Calories from Fat 684
- Total Fat 76.0 g
- Saturated Fat 36.8 g
- Cholesterol 370.6 mg
- Sodium 1682.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 47.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.4 g
- Sugars 3.2 g
- Protein 94.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: